Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Technologist who can balance just in the right way between individual contribution and enabling his teammates to do the best job ever. Due to her experience in an agile software development environment, she combines expertise how to plan, prioritise, code, debug and test software within a team with her intrinsic motivation and skill set to push technical boundaries even further. To tackle a challenging project in a complex, rapidly changing environment gives him drive and does not disarm him.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in various scientific and technical fields
- Develop software and hardware prototypes within the technology team for rapid prototyping
- Support the technology team in the decision making process and in the implementation of decisions
- Determine and analyse customer needs, as well as internal and external processes in order to develop user centric solutions
- Share previous work experience with the team to make it grow
- Degree in computer science, physics, mathematics or similar
- Several years of professional experience in software development including debugging and testing of software
- Fluent German and English (spoken and written)
- Proficiency and practical experience with several coding languages like C++, C#, Python etc.
- Aptitude to make high-level assessments for relevant technologies and to make project relevant decisions accordingly
- Experience with software development in an agile environment including the use of common organisational tools (GitHub, Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Above-average readiness to act on own initiative and ability to communicate and mediate across a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic environment
- Passion for innovative approaches and methods, in particular 3D reconstruction, computer vision, and machine learning
- General curiosity and enthusiasm, ready to deep-dive into new fields
- Ability to work independently and, as part of an interdisciplinary team, to support the team in its growth
- Creativity and good communication skills
- Interest in cutting-edge technologies and software development trends
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to play an important role in shaping the future of the optical industry in an agile, small team with flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths. In a modern office with flexible working hours, a beverage refrigerator and fresh fruit, we work together with fun and respect. The personal training and development of our employees is very important to us. Our remuneration structure is flexible and market-leading.