Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Engineering Technologist who can develop and implement pragmatic solutions for our technology team as a creative problem solver. The perfect candidate can contribute to technical discussions in different areas of expertise, is proficient in various coding languages and loves to enable his teammates from other disciplines to reach the common goal.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in various scientific and technical fields
- Develop software and hardware experiments and prototypes within the technology team for rapid prototyping
- Initialize and coordinate sub-projects only based on high-level directives
- Determine and analyze customer needs, as well as internal and external processes in order to develop user centric solutions
- Degree in computer science, physics, optometry or similar
- First proven records in software development
- Proficiency and practical experience with several coding languages like C++, C#, Python etc.
- Aptitude to make high-level assessments for relevant technologies and to make project relevant decisions accordingly
- Fluent German and English (spoken and written)
- General curiosity and enthusiasm, ready to deep-dive into new fields
- Above-average readiness to act on own initiative and ability to communicate and mediate across a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic environment
- Competence to bring concepts alive as quick & dirty prototypes without getting lost in details
- Passion for innovative approaches and methods, in particular 3D reconstruction, computer vision, and machine learning
- Hands-on experience with testing and debugging of software is a plus
- Interest in design, design thinking etc. is a plus
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to play an important role in shaping the future of the optical industry in an agile, small team with flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths. In a modern office with flexible working hours, a beverage refrigerator and fresh fruit, we work together with fun and respect. The personal training and development of our employees is very important to us. Our remuneration structure is flexible and market-leading.